Chiang Mai & North Thailand Tours
With over 10 years combined experience, we offer authentic tours of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son and authentic hilltribe villages. We aim to show you the real northern Thailand, not the tourist version, by observing and interacting with locals. We prefer to get off-the-beaten-path and explore rural areas away from the tourist crowds, delving deeper into the local culture and way of life.
On our private tours, our local guides will become your local friends, sharing the beauty of their homeland with you. Just tell us what you want to see and do. Some of the activities your tour can include are; authentic hill tribe villages, local markets, traditional food, buffalo riding and farming. Please visit our Tours and Homestays pages for more information.
Truly excellent trip that left us filthy rich with unforgettable memories
I must say I´ve been travelling before but I don’t think I´ve ever gotten so much memories from one trip that I got from that 5-day trip to Northern Thailand with my parents and our amazing tour guide Piak. The list of places that we saw and went to was just so long and full of different experiences, that it seems like a month´s worth. There were beauty ...
Memories are made of this - Thank you!
(Mark, Australia, February 2013) - Outstanding. Highly recommended for families...adventure..great food..and most importantly great company...thanks to "Ae' and "Od"
An amazing experience of the real Thailand
(Broderick, Australia, August 2013) If you want to really experience the hilltribes of Thailand then this is the tour for you. I had Piak show me around for two days and it was just fantastic (although he went above and beyond the two days/one night I booked!). It started with a trip like a local through the Mae Sariang markets and then we headed off to the hilltribes. Here...
Best way to experience what North Thailand has to offer
(Georgia, Australia, Nov 2012) - Thailand Hilltribe Holidays is the best way to experience what North Thailand has to offer. My husband, 17 yr old daughter and myself combined the Mae Hong Song Loop and Chang Rai Tours which gave us 8 wonderful days to explore the highlights of the minority groups and villages. Pat (our guide) and Winai (our driver) are locals and have wonde...
A Different Kind of Tour in the North......
How our tours are different
- We specialise in personal hands-on experiences that allow you to see the real northern Thailand through the eyes of a local
- Our guides will take you on a cultural journey, to get 'up close and personal' to the local way of life, for example through activities such as offering alms to monks or helping out on the farm
- Our itineraries are not fixed, this flexibility enables greater opportunity to explore local life along the way, without the restriction of schedules
- We follow the rhythms of local life, and often come across unexpected local insights and surprises
- We combine travel to well known places with off-the-beaten-path areas, this channels revenue to communities located off the tourist trail
- Private tours mean that you receive the dedicated attention of our guide and driver, who can change the plan of the day to accommodate your interests and needs.
Our tours are based on sustainable and responsible travel principles. Through our guiding philosophy of fair tourism, we aim to ensure locals benefit directly from your visit. By channelling tourism towards improved welfare and sustainability, we hope to redress the negative impacts of mass tourism. Please see our Responsible Travel policy for more details.
Experienced in taking the whole family from toddlers to grandparents, our family friendly tours offer something special for all ages. It’s a great cross-cultural experience for all the family, especially at the hilltribe homestay often described as a cultural eye-opener and trip highlight.
holidays in thailand